Over the past several months, Detectives from the Sheriff’s Tactical Enforcement Personnel (S.T.E.P.) team have conducted an investigation into a large scale marijuana grow site near the city of Delano inside Tulare County.
During the investigation, a search warrant was obtained for a 60 Acre parcel, which included 49 green houses. With the assistance, of Gang Unit, Narcotics Unit, Code Enforcement, RMA Road Department, Bakersfield HIDTA, CALMMET, Animal Control and National Guard, the warrant was served. During the search, 12,311 Marijuana plants were eradicated, 3 guns collected and $14,362 in US currency was seized. 30 subjects were detained, interviewed and booked for investigation of cultivation, and possession for sales of marijuana.
With the size of the plants seized, Detectives estimated they would produce approximately 2 lbs per plant with an illegal street value of $1,000 per lb. If allowed to mature the illegal street value would be $24,622,00. All subjects were arrested without an incident.
In addition to the plants that were seized, approximately 49.5 lbs of fully processed marijuana was seized, with a value of $49,500.
2,661 lbs of partially processed marijuana was seized, with an approximated value of $2,661,000.
In total, the value of the marijuana located at this site was $27,372,500
The water source of this grow was determined to be a subterranean well water source. It is estimated that a fully grown marijuana plant uses 5 gallons of water a day. In one day, this grow site used approximately 61,555 gallons. For the month of April, approximately 1,477,320 gallons were used.
According to the EPA in a June 2008 report, the average four person household in the United States uses 400 gallons of water a day. That means that each day, this grow site was using as much water as 153 families.
1. Bounthavy, Yom (33 YOA) Richmond area
2. Singharath, Na (62 YOA) Fresno area
3. Siyavong, Kongkeo (54 YOA) Fresno area
4. Sisouphane, Keola (54 YOA) Philadelphia
5. Thepkhounphithack, Dave (62 YOA) Fresno area
6. Phasouk, Somlit (44 YOA) Tulare area
7. Chounlamontry, Phovieng (56 YOA) Lancaster area
8. Trinh, Khai (48 YOA) Merced area
9. Trinh, Minh (47 YOA) Merced area
10. Xiong, Sor (48 YOA) Merced area
11. SiYoung, Keong (47 YOA) Merced area
12. Phoutherro, Yok (37 YOA) Carson area
13. Xayamountry, Bouasavanh (53 YOA) TBD
14. Patnuvong, Boonlor (46 YOA) Earlimart
15. Panyavong, Nongrack (44 YOA) Fresno area
16. Colotrella, Maymany (52 YOA) Las Vegas area
17. Thonetheboth, Khonethaly (56 YOA) Earlimart area
18. Thor, Gena (42 YOA) Merced area
19. Xiong, Eng (43 YOA) Stockton area
20. Her, Chor (58 YOA) Stockton area
21. Nguyen, Nhan (32 YOA) Oakland area
22. Voladeth, Kapkham (37 YOA) TBD
23. Luangvohia, Chansone (54 YOA) Fresno area
24. Keomanhavong, Somnat (50 YOA) Fresno area
25. Lasichanh, Pim (44 YOA) Fresno area
26. Trleruttawaki, Bouavanh (53 YOA) Delano area
27. Tran, Danh (45 YOA) Garden Grove area
28. Tran, Trac (34 YOA) Long Beach
29. Seng, Reasmey (42 YOA) Fresno area
30. Vongthongdy, Alovn (YOA) Earlimart area
This Case is still under investigation and will be forwarded to the District Attorney for review.
The Sheriff will be having a press conference on 4-24-15 at 1000 hours regarding this investigation at the Headquarters Lobby, in Visalia.